Fudgy Vegan Carob Zucchini Brownies | Gluten-Free
Fudgy, Moist, and Soft Carob Zucchini Brownies that are also gluten-free. This amazing brownie recipe is made with freshly grated zucchini, sunflower butter, and carob powder. These fudgy vegan carob zucchini brownies are so delicious your family will never know they are free of the top 8 allergens.
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 Cup finely grated zucchini ends trimmed, skin on, finely grated, drained using a kitchen towel
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower butter
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Carob Powder (sub. cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Coffee
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
Carob Glaze (optional)
- 1/4 cup Coffee
- 1/3 cup Carob chips
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9 in x 6 in baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Prepping the Zucchini
Thoroughly wash 3 medium-sized zucchinis and remove the rounded tops and bottoms
Grate 3 medium-sized zucchinis using a hand grater (or the thin grating blade of a food processor).
Place grated zucchini in the center of a clean kitchen towel. Gather the ends of the towels and bring them together to form a ball.
Remove ALL water from zucchini by twisting the ball. You will do this a few times until all the water is removed from the zucchini.
Measure out 1 cup of tightly-packed dried zucchini and add to a large mixing bowl.
Add sunflower butter, maple syrup, flax egg, vanilla, coffee, and coconut sugar to the large bowl containing the grated zucchini. Mix well.
Add carob powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut oil. Mix until smooth (all lumps removed from carob powder).
Stir in gluten-free oat flour. The Batter will become difficult to stir. Tip: ensure all flour has been evenly mixed in, checking the bottom and sides of the bowl.
Transfer the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the top and sides are set crackle and a skewer inserted in the center of the brownie come out clean or with few crumbs.
Remove the pan from the oven and allow brownies to cool for 10 - 12 minutes. Once cooled remove brownies from the pan (using parchment) and rest on a cooling rack for 30 additional minutes.
Optional Slicing tips: Once cooled, place brownies in the fridge. This will help firm them up if you're serving them immediately.
- You can also use a 9 inches x 9 inches square brownie pan but the recipe will cook faster and the brownie will be thinner.
- Note that if you are using a wider pan your brownie will bake faster. On the other side, a smaller pan will take longer to bake.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight box or zip bags or freeze individually. Defrost 3 hours before on a plate, on the counter at room temperature. Can be rewarmed in 2 minutes to serve lukewarm.
is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.