Made from scratch: Cinnamon Banana Pancakes | TastyBits
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but I rarely eat it during “breakfast”hours. On the weekends I’m a lazy, slow riser and usually don’t get to eating my first meal until Noon. These Cinnamon Banana Pancakes are made from scratch and dusted with love.
A quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner are my Cinnamon Banana pancakes. These from scratch cakes are customizable and that’s what makes this recipe fun!
I add a ton of other stuff besides cinnamon and bananas to my scratch cakes. Semi-sweet, mini chocolate morsels, a dash of vanilla and a pinch of sea salt are my top three things to add to the scratch cake batter.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
My crowd pleasing Cinnamon Banana pancakes are even better when topped with your favorite granola, fresh strawberries and a ton of powdered sugar. Adding extra bananas on top is a brilliant idea as well. – Enjoy!